Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 10 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Mp3 player

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Site Statistics

Total members 4243

Total posts 60071
Total topics 11330

Our newest member megha2323

Search

Manton Shotgun

Discuss about Shotguns.

Manton Shotgun

PostAuthor: Nilesh Thakur » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi Everyone,
One of my friend has a Manton sxs sidelock shotgun it has 32" barrel 3" Chamber also has an ejector ,on the rib its written Manton & co Delhi Calcutta but the proof marks shows the gun is made in UK it also has very good engraving and its bit heavy as compared to another guns,I have seen some other guns by Manton but they had Belgium proof marks and other guns its written London Calcutta.What difference does it make can some one put light on this and is it possible for member to share some pics of Manton shotguns and rifles they own.

Nilesh Thakur
Nilesh Thakur
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: Pardini,Diana airrifles,BSA,Webley
City: Mumbai

Re: Manton Shotgun

PostAuthor: crazy4guns » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 am

Nilesh Thakur wrote:Hi Everyone,
One of my friend has a Manton sxs sidelock shotgun it has 32" barrel 3" Chamber also has an ejector ,on the rib its written Manton & co Delhi Calcutta but the proof marks shows the gun is made in UK it also has very good engraving and its bit heavy as compared to another guns,I have seen some other guns by Manton but they had Belgium proof marks and other guns its written London Calcutta.What difference does it make can some one put light on this and is it possible for member to share some pics of Manton shotguns and rifles they own.

Nilesh Thakur

Caliber ?
smilies_006
crazy4guns
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: .22 Brno Model II
City: India

PostAuthor: crazy4guns » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:49 am

crazy4guns wrote:

Nilesh Thakur

Caliber ?
Attachments
Manton Pair.jpg
Manton Pair.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
smilies_006
crazy4guns
Cal .223
Cal .223

PostAuthor: crazy4guns » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 am

Nilesh Thakur

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (143.24 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
smilies_006
crazy4guns
Cal .223
Cal .223

PostAuthor: Nilesh Thakur » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 pm

crazy4guns wrote:

Nilesh Thakur

Caliber ?

12 Gauge SXS Shotgun
Nilesh Thakur
Cal .223
Cal .223

PostAuthor: shahid » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Manton & Co. were gun dealers who got all grades of guns made for clients and had many in ready stock as well. The gun shown in the picture is no. 1 of a pair made in Birmingham perhaps. If you post proof marks we can comment more.
shahid
Veteran
Veteran

My Guns: Beretta 692 O/U Army & Navy SxS , IOF 30-06 Remington 22LR model511
City: Gurgaon

PostAuthor: gunfinder » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13 am

crazy4guns wrote:
crazy4guns wrote:

Nilesh Thakur

Caliber ?

Your friend are luckey. Very nice it is. Many of persons dreaming about it.
MISSION COMPLISHED
gunfinder
Cal .22
Cal .22

My Guns: Many More
City: RAHPUTANA

PostAuthor: Nilesh Thakur » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 pm

I will post the pics soon
Nilesh Thakur
Cal .223
Cal .223

PostAuthor: crazy4guns » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 am

shahid wrote:Manton & Co. were gun dealers who got all grades of guns made for clients and had many in ready stock as well. The gun shown in the picture is no. 1 of a pair made in Birmingham perhaps. If you post proof marks we can comment more.

I will post the pics of the Proof Marks soon, owing to the monsoons the guns have been heavily lubricated,Thanks.
smilies_006
crazy4guns
Cal .223
Cal .223

PostAuthor: trapshooter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:10 am

i have seen one of these shotguns in the flesh and it happens to be a very sturdy gun indeed.one of the sturdiest actions i ever saw and the chamber was 3". indeed it is made to handle loads which would destroy other guns
smilies_002
trapshooter
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: .32 revolver, 30-06 rifle, 12 ga shotgun
City: Lucknow

PostAuthor: Knifed » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:19 pm

These guns have a very unique mechanism where the hammers are cocked on turning the top lever .

Advantages : Reliable cocking
Disadvantages : Top lever become a bit hard to turn with the thumb , No unloading option.

regards
smilies_007
Knifed
Cal .275
Cal .275

My Guns: 12 bore
City: goa

PostAuthor: himachal » Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 am

crazy4guns wrote:

Nilesh Thakur

Its may be a Damascus Barrel Steel Shotgun.
If My Words Heart you. Kindly Forgive me.
With Regards
Himachal
himachal
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: DBBL
City: Rock Land

Return to Shotguns