steyr.in

Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 22 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 am

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bun_dook, ebenezer, Google [Bot], raj, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Mp3 player

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Site Statistics

Total members 3142

Total posts 54306
Total topics 10509

Our newest member aneesh.lale

Search

All India Arms Licence Restriced by Central Govt.

All India Arms Licence Restriced by Central Govt.

PostAuthor: amar » Sat May 15, 2010 2:33 pm

MUMBAI MIRROR 15th May 2010 SATURDAY

With increasing misuse of the all-India arms licence, the Central Government has decided to restrict the validity of an arms licence to just four states.

As per a circular issued by the Centre to all states last month (a copy of which is available with Mumbai Mirror), it has been decided that a State Government can grant a permit that is valid, apart from the state itself, in three adjoining states. For example, if a person belongs to Maharashtra, he will get a permit valid for Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka in addition to Maharashtra.
The order comes in the wake of several applications submitted by visitors, who hold all-India permits. Records show that most of the people entering the state who carried weapons, had declared that they held all-India licences issued to them by the Nagaland government. Cases have also been detected of people from Maharashtra having obtained licences from Nagaland. The Mumbai police have arrested several people for misusing arms licences that were issued to them from Nagaland and U.P..
Maharashtra has been forwarding a number of queries to the Nagaland for authenticity of the submissions made by licence holders. The Nagaland government recently sent notices to all states saying they have issued only five such all-India licences. P K Jain, principal secretary, home department (special) of Maharashtra, said, “We have received the circular and will ensure strict implementation of the same.”
NEW CRITERIA FOR LICENCE
Grant of licence for prohibited bore weapons As per the new Central Government circular, such a licence will be granted to a person who faces threat to life. Such people include MPs and MLAs, non-officials/private individuals among others
Grant of licence for non-prohibited bore weapons No licence may be granted without police verification, including a report on antecedents of applicant
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some All india licence fruad had taken place in Nagaland and punishment to all states licence holder, at the time of renewal is they going to add the above 4 states on the arms licence? As far the survey .1% crime has taken place from the licence holder it means they need not have to think of such decisions, another thing they are going to try implement is buying of ammunition must be 15ammo per year where as each time of renewal the person has to submit SP report along with the written statement why he wants the licence, is it necessary, for what reason etc... then it will be decided to renew licence or to discontinue, all these things are going to be an headache in future.
Dreams Come True...
amar
Cal .22
Cal .22

My Guns: Revolver Rifle
City: Maharashtar

Re: All India Arms Licence Restriced by Central Govt.

PostAuthor: Olly » Sat May 15, 2010 4:15 pm

This would be a very restrictive policy and a violation of free movement and protection for 'verified' citizens. While a man can be trusted with a gun, yet he cannot be trusted to carry his gun within the geographical boundary of India !!

Wonder what's going to happen next ? :?
A gun by your side is better than police in the neighbourhood.

People who value privileges above principles, soon lose both.
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore...
And who always will....

Olly
Cal .600 NE
Cal .600 NE

My Guns: 7.62x63; 7.65 S&W(L), 4.5mm, 5.5mm
City: EarthGPS28DOT35NAND77DOT12E

PostAuthor: gungeek » Sun May 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Next... we will get area reduced to Mohallahs.
Site Admin

Think before you print - save a tree today. Please consider the environmental effect of unnecessary paper usage before printing an email.
gungeek
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Guns: BRNO Mod 2 - .22 lr Rifle, Perazzi MX-8 12 Bore O/U DBBL Gun, 12 Bore SxS DBBL Gun, .32 S&W Rev.
City: Allahabad

PostAuthor: Shamsher » Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Bribe them, its the latest trend, almost all govt officials and netas now have a daily set target of how fat his purse can be by the end of the day.

I am sure even the big bobs would have a price tag

wake up enthusiasts start collecting funds to get the arms act corrected, it seems to be the only way to get jobs done these days
Shamsher
Cal .600 NE
Cal .600 NE

My Guns: Some for fun
City: Taj Mahal

PostAuthor: Nirav » Mon May 17, 2010 1:27 pm

I am sure even the big bobs would have a price tag

:!: :!: :lol:
"I may be walking slowly, But I never walk backwards."
smilies_003
Nirav
Cal .375
Cal .375

My Guns: None
City: Rajkot - Calgary

PostAuthor: shafath » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:58 pm

I agree, corruption is fairly reasonable in our country.
Nawab Shafath Ali Khan
shafath
Cal .275
Cal .275

My Guns: 458
City: Hyderabad

PostAuthor: neogdj » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Can you please post the circular of Central Government which restrict the validity of an arms licence to just four states.
smilies_001
neogdj
Cal .22
Cal .22

My Guns: .32 Ashani Pistol, .22 Air Rifle
City: GHY

PostAuthor: Tango_Charlie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am

neogdj wrote:Can you please post the circular of Central Government which restrict the validity of an arms licence to just four states.

point no.15 of http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/AaAPolicyInd-080410.pdf
Vineet Armoury, Abohar.
Tango_Charlie
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: Vineet Armoury, Abohar.
City: Punjab

PostAuthor: amit xrd » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am

Agitation on large scale is required to protect our fundamental rights.
smilies_010
amit xrd
Cal .22
Cal .22

My Guns: .12 bore,.22rifle
City: samundra

PostAuthor: perazzi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

Does this conversely also mean that people who have licenses for just one state or UT can now have those extended to four states ??? If so then its quite a bonanza for one state or UT specific gun lic holders.

Cheers Rohit.
Eye of the Tiger , Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant
smilies_010
perazzi
Cal .275
Cal .275

My Guns: 12Bore Baikal / 12bore Imperial / .32 Revolver iof

PostAuthor: Tango_Charlie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 pm

perazzi wrote:Does this conversely also mean that people who have licenses for just one state or UT can now have those extended to four states ??? If so then its quite a bonanza for one state or UT specific gun lic holders.
Cheers Rohit.

Earlier licenses could have All India Validity now they have cut it down only to four states.
Vineet Armoury, Abohar.
Tango_Charlie
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: Vineet Armoury, Abohar.
City: Punjab

PostAuthor: ballu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:37 am

4 states including the state from where it has been issued. All India permit is only issued by central home ministry.
smilies_003
ballu
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: .22 rifle, .32 pistol and DBBL gun
City: Delhi

PostAuthor: abhay virk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 am

Hello geeks,
I was very lucky to have my all india license when i was just 19 years old..and at that time district magistrates were given authority to Grant all india validity on arms license, and since then i have maintained that license, by the the way we do need hard lobbying in favour of gun rights,,otherwise every license holder will be restricted to keep licenced guns only in their homes and not carry with them giving a big boost to illegal weapons without licences..looks like beurocrats in india do think about these while making policies..first of all identify all the politicians who are in favour of guns and right to bear arms .. and then go from there... and if we can make a case in court of law somehow that can be held as precedence for any future anti gun policies... make a database for all the license holders throughout the country and their addresses and emails,phone numbers..... and voice there concerns through letters and emails to their local politicians, unfortunately they are not enough to hold a rally but they are enough to atleast make right to bear arms a relevant issue,,,,in the minds of politicians and beurocracy.... advocacy like this will change the atmosphere slowly.....that should be for the start

regards ...vikram
smilies_003
abhay virk
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: ruger 10/22 carbine,ruger m77 3006, remington 870, cz 712 SA,cz 83 .32 ,cva muzzleloader .50 cal ,
City: washington dc

PostAuthor: Hardeepsinghbedi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 pm

ballu wrote:4 states including the state from where it has been issued. All India permit is only issued by central home ministry.

Dear Ballu,

All india permit is issued by central home ministry in general cases which are for self protection. In case of (i) sitting Union Ministers/MPs, (ii) Personnel of Military, Para Military, (iii) Officers of All-India Services and (iv) officers with liability to serve anywhere in India, and (v) Sports persons the All India licence can be issued by Home department of a state.
With regards

Hardeep Singh Bedi
smilies_008
Hardeepsinghbedi
Cal .275
Cal .275

My Guns: .22 Rifle Brno
City: UT

PostAuthor: ballu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:45 am

Dear Hardeep, I was writing about the civilian member. The people mentioned by you will otherwise altogether anything.
smilies_003
ballu
Cal .223
Cal .223

My Guns: .22 rifle, .32 pistol and DBBL gun
City: Delhi

Next

Return to Law & Politics