steyr.in

Navigator
Online Users

In total there are 16 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 am

Users browsing this forum: ababujay, achelis8, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Maroof Arms and 11 guests based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Mp3 player

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.



We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Site Statistics

Total members 3115

Total posts 54026
Total topics 10472

Our newest member carlavsuchi

Search

benjamin rogue (9mm)

Discuss about Air Rifles & Air Pistols.

benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: lion heart » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 am

Benjamin Rogue (9mm) air rifle allowed in india?
smilies_004
lion heart
Cal .22
Cal .22
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 am
Location: india
My Guns: air guns & bows
City: surat

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: goodboy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:07 am

lion heart wrote:Benjamin Rogue (9mm) air rifle allowed in india?


Please be more specific with what exactly do you mean by " Allowed in India " If you want to ask whether it is allowed to be imported into India then the answer is - No . If you want to ask if it is allowed to be Possessed and / or used in India then the answer is a clear - Yes , an air rifle is an air rifle, be it 9mm or whatever caliber right up to howitzer cannon dimensions.
Sending lots of love downrange daily
User avatar
goodboy
Cal .600 NE
Cal .600 NE
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: India
My Guns: Pair of Enos James 12 gauge SxS , High standard .22 lr pistol model B, 6.5x57 rifle
City: India

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: lion heart » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 am

:rules: allowed means legal in india?

do you know about big bor air rifle allowed in india?
if yes.
Pls suggest me.
smilies_004
lion heart
Cal .22
Cal .22
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 am
Location: india
My Guns: air guns & bows
City: surat

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: goodboy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Dear Sir

Is it difficult to understand what I have said above. I will try once more. A big bore air rifle being an air rifle is still exempt from the licensing requirements under Arms Act by a central govt. notification which specifically exempts air rifles from licensing requirements. The said notification was set aside by Delhi High court. Such setting aside of the said notification was challenged in Supreme Court of India and the Hon'ble court granted a stay in the case as a result of which the notification still exempts air rifles from the requirement of a license under the arms act. There is no restriction on caliber.
Sending lots of love downrange daily
User avatar
goodboy
Cal .600 NE
Cal .600 NE
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: India
My Guns: Pair of Enos James 12 gauge SxS , High standard .22 lr pistol model B, 6.5x57 rifle
City: India

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: lion heart » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 pm

dear sir,
thank you for advise.
I am understand your answer.
how many maximum caliber are legal in air rifle? that we can used in india without licence.
smilies_004
lion heart
Cal .22
Cal .22
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 am
Location: india
My Guns: air guns & bows
City: surat

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: bodhijobs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:12 am

lion heart wrote:dear sir,
thank you for advise.
I am understand your answer.
how many maximum caliber are legal in air rifle? that we can used in india without licence.


I really dont think you have understood his answer.

He clearly said, there is no restriction in calibre. In fact you can have an air Canon too.

Regards
BD
If you are a good air gunner you will probably be a good a fire arm user too however the vice versa is not at all true :D

http://bdasgupta-randomshots.blogspot.in/
smilies_004
bodhijobs
Cal .223
Cal .223
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm
My Guns: A few...
City: New Delhi

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: BB » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Any air gun/rifle/pistol which passes the deal wood test is exempt from all provisions of Arms Act 1959. Read the Central Government notification No. G.S.R 991 dated 13-7-1962 where it had excluded airguns, air rifles, air pistols which pass the deal wood test mentioned in Column (1) of Schedule II from all provisions of the Act.

Central Government notification No. G.S.R 991 dated 13-7-1962 where it had excluded arms and ammunition of the descriptions specified in Column (1) of Schedule II from certain provision of the Act and subject to conditions mentioned therein. Posting the relevant parts here FYI:

Schedule II

Arms & Ammunition
1.
(1)
(2)
(3) Air guns, air rifles and air pistols which satisfy the following test, namely that - the projectiles discharged from such guns or pistols do not perforate a target 12 inches square formed by deal-wood boards of even grain, free from knots, planed on both sides and of thickness of 1/2" and 1" for air pistols and air guns/ rifles respectively:
Provided that in making and estimating the test the following conditions shall be observed, namely:-

(a) the weapon shall be held horizontally with the muzzle at a distance of five feet from the target,

(b) the test shall be repeated twenty times for each class of projectiles which can be discharged from the weapon; and

(c) perforation shall be deemed to be effected-
(i) in a case where the projectile is a dart, if the point of the dart pierces the back of the target, and
(ii) in any other case if the projectile passes completely through the back of the target.

Provisions of the Act (which the above are exempted from)

All; provided that the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, retain all or any of the provisions of the Act in respect of air pistols or of any class thereof in the case of any class of persons or of any specified area.
“It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it”
Image
User avatar
BB
Cal .600 NE
Cal .600 NE
 
Posts: 2376
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:34 pm
Location: India
My Guns: ☺"Afraid of them"☺
City: India

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: jonahpach » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 pm

b.baracho wrote:Any air gun/rifle/pistol which passes the deal wood test is exempt from all provisions of Arms Act 1959. Read the Central Government notification No. G.S.R 991 dated 13-7-1962 where it had excluded airguns, air rifles, air pistols which pass the deal wood test mentioned in Column (1) of Schedule II from all provisions of the Act.

Central Government notification No. G.S.R 991 dated 13-7-1962 where it had excluded arms and ammunition of the descriptions specified in Column (1) of Schedule II from certain provision of the Act and subject to conditions mentioned therein. Posting the relevant parts here FYI:

Schedule II

Arms & Ammunition
1.
(1)
(2)
(3) Air guns, air rifles and air pistols which satisfy the following test, namely that - the projectiles discharged from such guns or pistols do not perforate a target 12 inches square formed by deal-wood boards of even grain, free from knots, planed on both sides and of thickness of 1/2" and 1" for air pistols and air guns/ rifles respectively:
Provided that in making and estimating the test the following conditions shall be observed, namely:-

(a) the weapon shall be held horizontally with the muzzle at a distance of five feet from the target,

(b) the test shall be repeated twenty times for each class of projectiles which can be discharged from the weapon; and

(c) perforation shall be deemed to be effected-
(i) in a case where the projectile is a dart, if the point of the dart pierces the back of the target, and
(ii) in any other case if the projectile passes completely through the back of the target.

Provisions of the Act (which the above are exempted from)

All; provided that the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, retain all or any of the provisions of the Act in respect of air pistols or of any class thereof in the case of any class of persons or of any specified area.


Heh!.. lets see, how long it takes him to 'understood' this Bryan..
smilies_008
jonahpach
Cal .275
Cal .275
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:45 pm
My Guns: .
City: Aizwal

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: goodboy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 am

The more interesting thought that comes to my mind is that if some poor chaps PCP is prescribed a deal wood test by the customs jackasses how will they go about pressurizing the gun , knowing the proper fill levels and then actually shooting it with proper ammunition.

Scenario 1) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle gives it ten strokes and thinks it is filled.

Scenario 2) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle but doesn't close the vent valve in the pump and keeps on pumping

Scenario 3) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle pumps it up too much and has a valve lock

Scenario 4) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle pumps it up to eternity and blows it up

Scenario 5) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle pumps it up to pressure but forgets to bleed before disconnecting.
Sending lots of love downrange daily
User avatar
goodboy
Cal .600 NE
Cal .600 NE
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: India
My Guns: Pair of Enos James 12 gauge SxS , High standard .22 lr pistol model B, 6.5x57 rifle
City: India

Re: benjamin rogue (9mm)

PostAuthor: bodhijobs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 am

goodboy wrote:The more interesting thought that comes to my mind is that if some poor chaps PCP is prescribed a deal wood test by the customs jackasses how will they go about pressurizing the gun , knowing the proper fill levels and then actually shooting it with proper ammunition.

Scenario 1) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle gives it ten strokes and thinks it is filled.

Scenario 2) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle but doesn't close the vent valve in the pump and keeps on pumping

Scenario 3) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle pumps it up too much and has a valve lock

Scenario 4) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle pumps it up to eternity and blows it up

Scenario 5) The customs babu somehow manages to attach 3 stage pump to the rifle pumps it up to pressure but forgets to bleed before disconnecting.


:woot:

So many scenarios, I would go with most likely scenario 1 and 5.

Regards
If you are a good air gunner you will probably be a good a fire arm user too however the vice versa is not at all true :D

http://bdasgupta-randomshots.blogspot.in/
smilies_004
bodhijobs
Cal .223
Cal .223
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm
My Guns: A few...
City: New Delhi


Return to Air Guns



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest